Today is the first time ..
- I’ve wished my oldest son, Happy Birthday, Ben! through a post…
- I’ve made Ben escargots for breakfast
- I’ve changed Mom’s recipe for cauliflower soup to suit my health-crazed daughter (that’s also the last time I’ll change it..)
- I’ve recognized how birthdays, as you age, can be opportunities
- I’ve been able to catch up on these posts
- I’ve sat under the gazebo this summer and had the morning dew drip on my back
- I’ve heard “Dad’s songbird” sing in the garden and not had him try to whistle the tune back to the bird
- I’ve realized that I’m holding onto Mom and Dad’s condo for sentimental sake
- I’ll shop for groceries in my 50th year
- I’ve weighed so much in my life.. other than being pregnant – too much celebrating so far this summer
- My parents have not called my child on the occasion of his birthday
- I’ve spelled occasion correctly for the first time
- I’ve seriously considered my ability to retire from teaching in five years
- I’ve rooted for a country to win a beach volleyball game (I’ve not really ever been a fan – just no exposure till now)
But, should I be granted the gift of tomorrow and tomorrow, it will not be the first time..
- I will enjoy the company of my husband and children
- I will be served a morning coffee by my husband
- I will sip my coffee under the gazebo with my husband
- I will cry over coffee about my parents
- I will smile over coffee about my parents
- I will rejoice in my family
- I will wish my oldest son a wonderful birthday!
- I will prepared something “odd” for my son to eat as per his birthday request.
- I wish all of you some very happy firsts – may these bear repeating.
And once again, “TTFN”